A whole house remodeling project can be daunting. However, the result may make your home a more enjoyable place to live and a more valuable and desirable market listing. Take one step at a time and begin with the big picture. As you continue in the process, decide on smaller details. Most importantly, be sure to hire an experienced team of professionals to bring your vision to life.
Define the Scope
With the investment of time and money that goes into renovations, it is important to make sure you know exactly want you want. Do extensive research and planning before you begin work.
- Goals: First consider the aesthetics. Create an atmosphere that reflects the way your family functions throughout the day. Remedy areas where your home is not meeting your needs. Open spaces that are tight or cramped. Write down your plans for each room in your house.
- Inventory: Go through your home and take inventory. What do you like or not like? Make sure to include every piece and part of your home. This way, talking to the interior designer will be much easier.
- Ideas: Create a catalogue that includes all your notes related to the whole house remodeling project. Include pages of magazines that discuss ideas you like.
Hire an Expert
Once you have defined the scope of the project, it is time to hire your team of experts. Choose a contractor to manage the work. Then, find an experienced interior designer and a professional renovation team. Choose each person carefully.
- Experience: Education and experience matter. Choose a manager and a designer who can speak to similar work done in the past. How did they solve problems and address setbacks?
- Creativity: Choose a team that is innovative. Someone eager to make your home one-of-a-kind will greatly benefit your project.
- Relationship: Make sure each person on the team is a good fit. Does everyone work well together?
Define the scope of your whole house remodeling project, and then hire the experts. Complete your project successfully for a beautiful new home.